Credits & Server Info for www.irchelp.org
- What is IRChelp.org? We are 20 or so volunteers who run the #IRChelp channels on 3 Internet Relay Chat (IRC) networks: EFnet, IRCnet, and Freenode. (There are #IRChelp channels on most large networks, those others are not affiliated with this web site.) We have been providing free help 24/7 to hundreds of thousands of people since 1992, i.e., pretty much the beginning of IRC. We are not affiliated officially with any network, server, channel, client program, or company. We are not paid, and all we ask in return for our service is the appropriate respect and patience. Thanks to the unconditional generosity of many individuals over the past few decades, we are pretty much the last major IRC help site that is still a 100% ad-free, sponsor-free, non-profit organization. Our only purpose is to help you as best as we can.
- Linking, Quoting, and Copying. This web site as a whole is a compilation protected by US and International copyright laws. The web site consists of original material by IRChelp.org (the helpers of EFnet/IRCnet/Freenode #IRChelp channels), material by other authors which are mirrored and/or modified with their permission, and some public domain information. Please feel free to link to any of our pages or to quote and reference parts of any pages for non-commercial purposes (such as school essays and news articles). No special permission is necessary. Book authors wishing to reproduce parts of pages should email to let us know of the publication details. You may not copy, mirror, or distribute full pages from this site without written permission from the webmaster (currently Joseph Lo aka Jolo).
We worked hard to bring you these pages, and we do not appreciate others stealing our work. Moreover, if you want to help people, you should recognize that the last thing anybody needs is incomplete, outdated versions of our web pages littered all over the Internet.
- Disclaimer. This site is run as a hobby by Joseph Lo in conjunction with the staff of EFnet and IRCnet #IRChelp. Any opinions stated do not represent the official positions of their employers. The information at this site is provided “as is” without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied. Neither the webmasters of this site, authors of individual pages, the staff of #IRChelp, or any of those involved with hosting or maintaining this site may be held liable for any losses or damages resulting from the use of this information.
- All email addresses have been removed below to deter spam email. If you need to contact one of these people, try using the “Send Email” form and pick the closest relevant helper. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Stephanie Daugherty and Joseph Lo are the current co-editors and webmasters of <http://www.irchelp.org/>. The website is hosted at MergeMedia thanks to Douglas Boldt.
- The site was originally run by Jim Benson aka FreeSoft. He assembled the largest collection of over 600 help files covering every conceivable topic of IRC. In the mid 1990s, Jim went on to become a pioneer in the private space industry before he passed away in 2008.
- David Delmont aka kylania helped to create or customize many Perl scripts including the email feedback and site search.
- Many other files were written by other #IRChelp ops and helpers from all over the Internet… there are too many to thank individually. Each page is credited where possible.